Friday 11 October 2013

I am still here...

Apologies to everyone (anyone??) who has been waiting with baited breath for a new post from me! Well, life has rather overtaken felting during the last months. We are in the slow process of moving from Belgium back to the UK after a very long time away - we first arrived in Brussels in 1981! We packed up our home here in May, and are leading a nomadic existence while we renovate a 400 year old barn in Suffolk.
And maybe - just maybe - the renovations will include a studio for me where I can make felt to my hearts content!

Meanwhile, my wool is all packed up in boxes.

So here are a few pictures of an exhibition in Cahors, (SW France) this summer by the artist Odon. Huge cobweb structures made from intricately plaited and woven paper, which is first hand made and dyed.





2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the UK! Your renovations sound amazing! Love the fine detail of the "cobweb structures" by Odon stunning! TFS Aly :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that Aly! Great to get a reply! I really enjoyed looking at your blog, and see we share the same interests of felting and painting furniture! I have just bought some Annie Sloan paint and am dying to try it out.

      Delete